AFFILIATIONS & PARTNERS
Mason Tenders’ Training Fund
Live Instructor Led
Online Training Courses
It would be less than responsible under the current conditions to conduct classes in the conventional manner at the school in Long Island City, so your Training Fund has found a way to provide you with live Instructor led online training in many of the courses that you and many other members want and need. And you can do it from home through a method of distance learning.
Through the Zoom platform, members can enter a virtual classroom with a live video view of their Instructor and other class participants, interact with them, ask questions, and more. In effect, you are in the classroom. And, you can use your home computer, iPad or other tablet, or even your cellphone! All of these devices work with Zoom.
NO TELEPHONE REGISTRATIONS
Do not call the school to enroll
If you are already registered on eLocal, skip directly to Step 3. If not:
Local 79 Members
On the Local 79 website at: Local79.org click on the “Members Portal” tab on the right side of the banner at the top of the homepage
Local 78 Members
On the Local 78 website at: Local78.org click on the “E-LOCAL” tab on the right side of the banner at the top of the homepage
- On the Members Portal page you will see “PAY DUES. INTERACT. LEARN.” Just below, you will see an orange tab that says “REGISTER”. Click on that tab
- On the next page, fill in your information to register for eLocal. Once you have registered, your email address will automatically be entered into our database.
- From the email address registered with eLocal, send an email Including your:
- Union Book Number
- Class you want to register for
- Language of the class
- Date and time of class
Send the email to: [email protected]
Registrations for 8:00 am classes will close at 4:30 pm on the Business Day immediately preceding the day of the class. Registration for classes at 8:00 am on Monday will close at 4:30 pm on the preceding Friday.
WHAT WE DO
Laborers are the backbone of the construction industry. Working alongside other construction tradespeople, Laborers perform many different tasks on a construction site. We are also routinely relied upon to maintain a safe and healthy jobsite for all workers, visitors, and pedestrians alike. And in NY City, safety is paramount.
LABORERS’ DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Mason Tending
- Interior & Total Demolition
- Scaffold Erection
- Asbestos and Lead Abatement
- Mortar Mixing
- Plaster Tending
- Oxy-Acetylene Cutting and Burning